Friday, January 30, 2009

SLEEPING IN THE CAR




Can you imagine sleeping in your car and it's winter? I can't! Well, this is a true story, I spoke with some people here in my work place ( not in my department) and they told me that they are currently sleeping in their car because they can't afford to pay their rent. What a shame! they/ we pay very high taxes and they don't have a place to stay. According to them they park their car in the grocery store and then set their alarm every 2 hours and then start their car again and turn the heater. They signed up for the gym not to work out but to take a shower. It's very sad, how long will they do this? no body knows.

1 comment:

Evita said...

I can't imagine a lifestyle like that although it does sound like an adventure. Is that how expensive it is to get an apartment there? The people who sleep in the car could join together and find an apartment that they can share so one doesn't have to pay the whole rent.