Wednesday, December 3, 2008

ALERT! BANK ACCOUNT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS

I know this issue has been going on and on but it doesn't hurt to remind others about these people who knows nothing but to scam. I got this e-mail from "Bank Of America" Online-Services@Online-Update.com. Below was the content of the e-mail.








Dear customers,
During our usual security enhancement
protocol, we observed multiple login attempt error while login in to your online
banking account. We have believed that someone other than you is trying to
access your account for security reasons, we have temporarily suspend your
account and your access to online banking and will be restricted if you fail to
update. http://*****/bbs/++++/member******* (I don't want to give the full link ) Bank of America is proud to announce about their new updated
secure system We updated our new SSL servers to give our customers a better,
fast and secure online banking service.
If you have any questions, please call Electronic Banking Services:
For
accounts in California, please call 1-800-792-0808
For accounts in
Washington or Idaho, please call 1-866-399-0122
For accounts in all other
states, please call 1-800-933-6262
For Small Business customers, please call
1-866-758-5972

Bank of America, Member FDIC. © 2008 Bank of America Corporation. All
Rights Reserved
I couldn't attached the BOA logo properly but when you receive the actual e-mail the logo was duplicated very well. I am aware of the fact that, never click links if you receive an e-mail like this because it might be virus or it could be other things.



I got nervous when I read this e-mail, imagine if somebody can get hold of my bank account O boy I'll be in deep trouble I mean big trouble. I could lose the money that I have been saving since I started working. But on the other hand I am so reluctant to click the link so what I did was I chatted with a representative of BOA and told him my concern and this was our conversation:



I understand your concerns regarding the suspicious e-mail
you received. I will definitely assist you with this.
Raymond: Bank of America does send e-mails to notify you of account activity.
Raymond: However, we will never ask for any personal or sign in information. Any e-mail asking for this type of information would be considered fraudulent.
Raymond: Therefore, I recommend you to please forward the e-mail you received to
abuse@bankofamerica.com. This will allow us to research the origin of the
e-mail. Last text message received Raymond: If the e-mail is not legitimate; we
will work with the authorities to prosecute the creators of this e-mail and let
you accordingly.

Thanks God I didn't click the link!

I found these sites where you can actually report e-mail scams:


These scammers are very smart so let's outwit them!

1 comment:

The Adventurer said...

Ako pod Mar, kadawat sa akong email ug ing-ana, sa Capital One, unya ako pod tawon gi click ang update kay ipa-update lagi kuno ang acoount info ,maayo gani kay pag click nako sa update gi blocked dayon na sa akong anti virus security . Bantog ra kay murag lahi ang ilang logo,. Bahak ba ni uy!