Friday, October 24, 2008

MY I-751 INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE







We were scheduled for our I-751 interview on 10/23/08 at 8:30 am. We left our house early to give us enough time to find a parking space and be early for our interview. We are in the city of Hartford before 8:00 am but unfortunately we couldn't find the place. What a shame! we didn't have hard time finding the place when we applied for my AOS 3 years ago. It was 9:00 am and were still looking for the place and finally we found a gas station we stopped and asked for direction. After few turns we finally found the place and were more than an hour late. We still went inside and apologize to the receptionist for being late. He just told us " it's alright, no problem, please have a seat and somebody will call you." Two minutes later an officer called our name. She took us to her office and asked us to swear that we will tell the truth etc etc etc.

Our conversation:

Officer: I'm officer D. please let me know if you any have questions.

US: Thank you

Officer: May I see your passport?

Me: Sure and I handed my passport to her.

Officer: She was checking my passport and asked us for our IDs

US: We handed our photo ID to her.

Officer: Where are you from?

Me: I'm from the Philippines.

Officer: Are you still married?

Us: Yes.

Officer: Do you have any children?

Us: No.

Officer: How long you've been married?

Husband: More than 3 years

Officer: When did you get married?

Husband: Gave her the date

Officer: OK. Do you have proof of you relationship?

US: Yes, and I handed to her the copies of all our evidence.

Officer: Are you still working in _________?

Me: Yes

Officer: How about you Mr. _____ are you still employed in _________?

Husband: Yes and I am also a homeland security employee.

Officer: OK. Now Mrs. ______ Do you have any police charges against you? Felony or misdemeanor?

Me: No.

Officer: Was checking our papers again and told us that the papers are good and was asked me if I have my green card.

Me: I said Yes, it's already expired but I have an extension letter here with me. Do you still want it?

Officer: Yes, you don't need that anyway. I will stamped you passport and I will give you 6 months work authorization. It usually take six months before you get your actual card and if for some reason you will not get your green card within 6 months then you can come back here and request for an info pass and will stamp your passport again.

Me: I was listening to her but was really upset because it took them 11 months before they touched my case and on the top of it I have to wait six months for my actual card?grrr... but I kept my cool.

Officer: OK, I'll step out for a minute and make copy of these papers.

Me: You don't need to do that because those are copies I have the originals with me. Good thing I made copies of all the papers. It really helped us saved time because both me and hubby are still going to work.

Officer: Thank you for coming.

Us: Thank you so much officer...

We're thankful that the officer took us even though were more than an hour late. I hope I will get my actual green card soon.

2 comments:

The Adventurer said...

Hi Kit, salamat sa pag post sa imo experience. Mao ra toy tuyo nila ninyo? abi man nako ug ihatag na ang GC or moingon sila within few days naa na ang GC. Pero at least nahuman na imo interview ug manghinaot lang ta nga di ra maabtan ug six mos. Ako gani nag travel pod mi 5 hrs. each way para sa ko Bio. last week.

Evita said...

I think that your interview went well so guaranteed you'll get your card eventually. Immigration processing is very long procedure sometimes makes you want to hate the system. I cancelled my landed immigrant process in Canada which was supposed to take me two years and more in the wait because I was applying from within Canada. Will take shorter if I apply outside. But I think it was actually a blessing in disguise that I had to cancell my immigration application de to my move here in Czech land and now in Belgium.