Wednesday, October 8, 2008

RENTING A TIME MACHINE








I checked my friendster account and I was viewing my sisters’ profile and I said to my self “ she is a grown up”. Eight years ago she was just a kid who don’t know how to put eye shadow, lipstick or lip gloss, eye browse and blush on. As I was looking at her photos I couldn’t resist but to sigh because I wasn’t there to watch her grow . Same feeling with my other siblings, when I went home last year to visit them I hardly recognize my only brother because he had changed a lot from a chubby boy to a masculine teen. There is not much changes with my other two sisters because they were grown up already when I left them. As I was typing this I couldn’t stop my tears “ God I miss family”.

After viewing the photos, I logged out and logged in again into my other account. When I was inside I was surprised seeing that I have pending invitation. So I clicked it and I found out it was one of my elementary classmates. I was so happy because she added me in her friendster account that means she still remember me. She was one of my close friends way back elementary. I viewed her photos and boy! she is still the sheddy, the cute little girl in 1987.


God! time goes by so fast, it feels like everything happened yesterday. I can still remember that I was sitting in row 1 grade 1 and was looking at the Grade six classrooms and said to my self I want to go inside that classroom but I still have 5 more years to go before that will happened , hey! that was 21 years ago.
If I could only rent a time machine I would be glad to go back to my past even for an hour. I want to see my little me, my cute little friends, and watch my siblings grow up. If I could only do that.

By the way I thought of sharing this photo, the VNCMCS 1993...





4 comments:

Mharms said...

I also miss the old days. My childhood photos were damaged bcoz of the typhoon few years ago :(

HappyHelen said...

cute kiddie pic. hehehe. did you bring your childhood pics with you? i understand how you feel. i have a nephew and niece who i really adore 'cos they're just so cute and smart. they're growing up so fast. lots of nostalgic memories back home...sigh.

Mel_Cole said...

Hello Marikit! Things are busy for my side of the world here. I don't know why bisan naa ra gani ko sa balay. hay, pait man diay ning lay trabaho pa lagi. Nag-job hunting ko these days, saun man ni nga la pa may bakante based from my field. Lisud pud pangita kung la kay certification or license diri U.S. Tabangi ko pangapply bep, he, joke! I was touched by your blog here, yeah, I miss my Pilipino family, too. emails, chatts, pics and voice ra ang atong mahagop. Prayers lang gyud ato ani...=)

Evita said...

Speaking of siblings, was chatting with my 24 years old brother yesterday. We mostly chatted about his girlfriends and my personal life. Just made me look back the time when he was this 8 years old kid who chaperoned me whenever I go out on a date and couldn´t care less of what my father told him to watch me because he was enjoying the BRIBE (snacks, toys promise to be taken to Jollibee afterwards) from me and my date.

Yesterday, he was a full grown man demanding me to act my age as I was teasing him. He is also acting like a a second a father to my Bandit and the one bribing the Bandit to watch me (The Bandit surely will be watching me knowing he has mp4 coming from his uncle in the Philippines). It´s cute.

Time flies so fast