Thursday, October 2, 2008

CROSSING THE ROAD

Ok, many people just take this for granted but how safe are you when you cross the road?
I took the employee bus right after work to go to the convention center for the job fair. Before we turn right I saw these two Chinese men trying to cross the road and then when it turns red the two Chinese guys ran to cross the road but the bus driver was turning and doesn't care if he will hit somebody or not and even yelled at them " look at the signal it's not blinking that means you can't cross the road yet!" To be honest, I feel bad for those 2 Chinese and I told the bus driver that they were in the pedestrian lane and even if the signal wasn't blinking for them to cross the road safely I think it's your initiative to let them pass because they were in the middle of the road anyway. He said " will they should have used the signal " then I told him not all people know how to use it," which is darn true. Yes, you can just press the red button and wait but not all people know how things work specially when you're new to the country. I know that those 2 guys are at fault too when something happen to them but what can you do?
Maybe the lesson to this situation is that, follow traffic rules, look around carefully before you cross the road. If you have computer at home you can search online what are the traffic rules, what should you know before going out or you can ask people whom you know. Remember traffic rules varies from state to state. I know most of the people here are afraid to hit somebody but hey there are some that don't care at all. You might think " yeah hit me and I will own your car and house" now my question is how can you own those things when you're dead ?

1 comment:

Reanaclaire said...

hello marikit.. if u hv the time, do read and see the pics in my posts Ho Chi Minh... i attached pics of the traFFIC there.. i really salute to them drivers and us pedestrians..we managed to cross the busy traffic without a bruise.. ouch..