Thursday, September 11, 2008

PALM READING








I was a sickly teenager, I always ended up going to the hospital and quack doctor (binisaya). I even stopped 1 year in high school because the doctor said I have to stay home and get better.
We believe in both the medicine doctor and the quack doctor.

Going to a medicine doctor was getting so expensive that's why we decided to stick with a quack doctor. My mom sent me to Iligan city because my aunt told her that they have this very good quack doctor. So I stayed there for few months but there's no improvement. So I went back home tried different quack doctors and went to the hospital once in a while.
One day, someone told my mom about this old guy who was well known for being a good quack doctor. So we contacted the old man and was invited to go to our house to help me. After 3 days the old man came to our house and started his healing process. When he was done he told us that he will be back after a week.
2 days later I vomit like crazy till nothing left to throw up. I was dizzy, had trouble breathing and my father thought of sending me to the hospital but I said to him let me lie down for a minute and fell asleep. When I woke up I asked for food because I was starving to death. From that day I started gaining energy.
The old man came back to see me. He stared at me and told me " you will not need me." I said thank you because I feel very good. Before he left the house I don't know what came into my mind that I asked him if he knows how to read palms and he said " yes". So I showed him my hand and he told me "you will marry a guy who live very far away from here". I feel sad that time because I have this childhood sweet heart . Then next is my sister, she showed her hand to the old guy and he told her " you will marry twice because you will lose your first husband." We didn't take the old mans' palm reading seriously because for us nobody knows what the future will be . And that was the last time we ever saw the old man.
Before my brother in-law passed away , I remembered what the old man had told us. So I talked to my sister on the phone and asked her if she still remember the old man who read our palms when I was 13 and she was 12 years old and she said " yes". I told her that the old man said that I will marry a man who live far away from our home and here I am married to an American. Then I asked my sister if she still remember what the old man told him she answered " yes". She told me that " it's so hard for me seeing my husband very ill but I'm still hoping that one day he will get better" . BUT unfortunately After few months of fighting the cancer my brother in-law passed away.
Like I said I will tell you the whole story about how my brother in-law passed away. It's a very sad story but you will learn something from it.

3 comments:

Perkymom said...

kit add my new blog, hehehe http://hard-lifey.blogspot.com/ atsaka http://www.nextphotographer.com/ thanks ingats.. yes there will always be a next time.

alma said...

Hi, my parents took me to one of those quack doctor too where they have to kill a snake and determine my illness from how the inside organ of the snake looks like. Kataw anan!

MARIKIT said...

Sometimes there are things that medicine doctors can't handle.